Live Roulette differs from online roulette in one significant way; online roulette uses an automated computer, known as a random number generator, to generate the results while Live roulette utilizes a live stream, plugging online players straight into a live casino atmosphere where a genuine dealer spins the roulette wheel, much like you would find in a land-based casino.
In recent years, online casinos have established partnerships with live roulette rooms across the globe.
The live establishments provide croupiers with the expertise and charisma to keep players interested, while online operators oversee payments, the streaming process, and direct contact with players.
These processes have greatly improved recently to produce a genuine, seamless user experience with online players being closer to an authentic live casino atmosphere than ever before.
Before heading to an online casino with a live casino section, you will first need to know the three main variations of live roulette you will come across at online casinos and bookmakers alike:
This is a single zero variation of roulette and is considered the most popular of the three variants that you are likely to find in online casinos.
The single zero provides are far lower house edge and therefore you are more likely to receive a better return on your money.
This variation of roulette is almost as popular as European roulette, as they share most of the same game rules.
American Roulette does differ in one important way when compared to European Roulette, with the extra space for the double zero. This also gives the casino a slightly higher house edge than other variations of roulette.
European and French live roulette both share a similar 37 compartment wheel along with very similar game rules.
The biggest difference is the language used in French roulette and there is also the added ‘La Partage’ rule, where a player only loses half their bet if the white ball manages to land on an unmarked zero.
Quick Guide to Live Roulette
live roulette table Live Roulette is without a doubt one of the most popular table games in the online gaming industry.
At first glance, the roulette table layout might appear daunting at first but once you understand it, it’s an easy game to play along with a strong fun factor advantage.
This is because there are multiple HD cameras, giving players, a true live casino setting in the comfort of their own homes.
Live Roulette follows the standard game rules of most casinos with players placing bets on a single number, red or black, a combination of numbers, or even or odds.
A real dealer will then spin the wheel in one direction and roll the white ball in the opposite direction along the inner edge of the wheel.
The white ball will eventually fall into one of the numbered slots and will be declared the winning number of the game.
Players can either make inside bets or outside bets which is explained in more detail below:
Inside bets are placed in the inner field of a roulette table layout, on the numbers ranging from 0 to 36. There is a total of five inside bets available:
- Straight: This is a single number bet where players place a chip on the box corresponding with the number.
- Split: This is a bet made on two adjacent numbers, vertically or horizontally. Players place a chip on the line between the two adjacent numbers.
- Three line or Street: This is a bet placed on three numbers by placing a chip on a single horizontal line on the outer line of the numbers to the far left.
- Corner: This is a bet on four numbers and players need to place a chip on the cross between the four numbers that form a square.
- Six Line: This is a bet on 6 adjacent numbers by placing a chip on the T-junction located on the far left.
Outside bets can be made on the boxes located around the inner field of a roulette table layout. There are basically five outside bets available:
- Column Bet: This is a bet made on the three vertical rows, including right, middle, and left. Players can place a chip on one of the three boxes to bet on 12 numbers at a time.
- Dozen Bet: This is a bet on 12 numbers in consecutive rows. Players can place a chip on the 1st 12, 2nd 12, or 3rd 12 numbers.
- Low or High bet: This is a bet made on low numbers ranging from 1 to 18, or high numbers ranging from 19 to 36.
- Black or Red: This is a bet made on a specific colour instead of a number.
- Even or Odd: This is a bet on either even or odd numbers.